Quantin Binnah Community Centre Inc. (Q.B.C.C.) is situated at 61 Thames Boulevard, Werribee and offers a variety of services and programs to local residents. These include Binnah Bugs Play Group, Little Kinda, Kindergarten, Long Day Care, Before School, After School and Vacation Care Program, Maternal and Child Health, Adult Community and Further Education, Community Rooms for hire.
The Centre was officially opened on 30th September, 1992 and began providing services on 5th October, 1992.
The name Quantin Binnah is Canadian Indian in origin, meaning Full and Plenty and was the name of the Homestead of the Chafey brothers who worked with the development of irrigation systems in Victoria. The Centre is located near the site of the Homestead and has taken on its name, which is also reflected in local street names.
With all the services and programs operating from the one building and used for various activities, the Centre is referred to as a multi-purpose integrated facility.
In a community-run Centre, active involvement by parents and the public is an essential ongoing function of the Service and to the Centre achieving its aims and objectives. It also ensures that the services provided by the Centre are those currently needed by local residents. Therefore policy principles are based on the Centres Visions, which include community participation, involvement and support.
The programming and management of the Centre are based on the following aims and philosophies:
- For all to feel happy, relaxed, safe and secure in the centre’s environment.
- To foster a sense of importance and respect for self, property and others within the community.
- To aspire to provide equal opportunity to all.
- To develop strong trusting bonds with open communication.
- To provide an environment and programs that reflect, incorporate and respects the diverse multi-cultural make up of our community.
- To have awareness, sensitivity and compassion for the special and individual needs and qualities of all who move within the centre, families and community at large.
- Through programs provided, individuals will have the opportunity to develop and progress at their own pace.
- To promote and explore all avenues of creativity.
- To seek out and explore all avenues of social enterprise, partnerships and networks.
- To develop and promote a firm and sensitive commitment to the protection and enhancement of our environment and planet.
Quantin Binnah Community Centre Committee of Management
Quantin Binnah is a not-for-profit community centre governed by a Committee of Management, consisting people from the surrounding community. The Committee of Management has a commitment to all users of the Centre and along with the Centre Manager, welcomes any input or ideas.
Committee of Management meets once a month, all are welcome, please enquire at our centre.The Annual General Meeting is held in October.